Uganda homestay holidays
Do you want to know what it is like to meet local tribes and people in Uganda? or may find out what it’s like at traditional local Uganda markets? Our Uganda Homestay holiday experiences will give you that. Get immersed in the culture and heritage of the Local Ugandan people on Uganda Homestay holidays.
There are a variety of ways through which the community benefits financially from this project, such as:
- Rent for traditional housing provides a regular source of income for the home
- We work to encourage the formation of complementary businesses such as:
- Locally brewed Uganda beer
- Performing traditional Uganda dancing produced by the local people
- Selling local Ugandan craft work produced by the community
- The kids at the local Uganda village school have an opportunity to meet their guests
- Then they can learn about where the guests come from and practice some English (Visitors have an opportunity to teach at the school for 1 hour )
- Tourists may donate anything at will such as; pens, clothing, books, money etc. (Donations must be arranged via the Msafiri tours guide).
- The families that we visit receive payment in a number of ways (e.g. transport, favours, goods, market produce or money).
- We work to maintain the natural beauty of the Villages and are committed to environmental sustainability
A Uganda homestay is a great way of getting to know a bit about the local Ugandan tribal cultures of the country. The people that offer homestays n Uganda have a spare room which will be simply furnished, but comfortable.
There will be washing facilities of some kind and a toilet.
The Uganda homestay scheme is good for the local communities in Uganda as it brings in an income to people who struggle to otherwise bring in funds without leaving their homes.
We aim to make sure that the scheme works for our visitors too. Of course, some families are more chatty than others and often due to different cultural beliefs, customs and upbringing, but you will find that your host is very welcoming and they will make your stay is as good as possible.
We have Uganda homestay holidays in the:
- North with the Acholi people
- The East with the Basoga people of Busoga
- The Far East with Iteso of Teso
- In the West with Bahima people of Ankole
- In the centre with the Baganda people of Buganda
The Uganda homestay can be done for however long you want as a single travel activity or as an addition to an already planned safari or a tour of Uganda, speak to us so we advise on best options for you.