Go on Uganda food and culinary tours
We at Msafiri tours will help you uncover a world of authentic, mouth-watering Uganda food and culinary tours designed to suit any budget, appetite and time frame. Chop, slice and eat your way through Uganda, experiencing one of the freshest and most fragrant cuisines on the African continent
We are offering authentic Uganda food and culinary experiences, a delicious way of connecting with Ugandan friends, families & meeting new local Ugandan people from the safety and comfort of their homes.
By pairing the classic Msafiri tours travel style with a special food focus, our Uganda itineraries aim to really get you under the skin of Uganda’s most exciting food cultures. It might be spoiling your tastebuds with flavour-filled curries, making your own wine, making a rolex in Jinja, making luwombo in a cooking class in Kampala, malewa, katogo or tucking into home cooking on an overnight homestay in a village.
Our Uganda food and culinary tours are an authentic and mouth-watering way to fast track your understanding of Uganda and it and culture by exploring through the cuisine. Touring Ugandan destinations by taste is an unusual way and stimulating experience, giving you a deeper understanding of the area while discovering the culinary secrets of the African continent.
As you travel throughout Uganda in the company of our local Msafiri tour guides in cuisine and travel, you’ll participate in cooking classes and visit local kitchens, markets and food growing areas in Uganda. Our specially prepared Uganda food and culinary tours are crafted to give you a bit of Ugandan culture and part adventure.
Whether you’re exploring the local delicacies in Kampala, diving headfirst into a fiesta of flavours in Masaka, or treating yourself to the savoury tastes in Jinja, these Ugandan food and culinary tours are sure to tempt your taste buds.
Are these Uganda culinary tours right for you?
- This Uganda trip aims to give you an exciting, diverse and well-rounded experience of Uganda’s cuisine.
- The Ugandan people are some of the most welcoming in the world. A homestay in Uganda allows you to experience this African hospitality, learn the kitchen secrets and get an insight into rural life.
- While we endeavour to cater for specific dietary requirements, some meals and food activities are set in advance and may be difficult to adjust.
- In Uganda, dietary restrictions are not common or well understood. If you have dietary requirements, please advise us at the time of booking to receive information on how this may impact your ability to take part in included activities and meals. Come with an open mind and open mouth, and you won’t be disappointed.
- Uganda’s climate is sultry and tropical, so can get really hot and humid. Wear loose clothing and make sure you stay hydrated, especially while out on walking tours.
- You might be covering a fair amount of ground on this trip, so be prepared for some driving.
What is included in the Uganda culinary tours;
- Meals- breakfasts, lunches, dinners
- Transport- Van with a tour guide/ driver
- Accommodation- Hotel, Lodge, Homestay
Everything we do is tailor-made; our Uganda culinary tours itineraries are just suggestions to give you an idea of what is possible. Please contact us so we can tailor the perfect Uganda culture exclusively for you.